Sunday, October 21, 2012

That 70's Tree





I love finding new uses for burlap.


 
Most of you probably don't remember theses stuffed calico Christmas trees from the 70's.







 I always wanted one but thought they must be so hard to make and so I never made one for myself.
I needed a good Christmas stocking pattern and found this one at Jo-Ann's the other day on sale for .99 cents. It came with a pattern for the stuffed Christmas tree.



Since I now own the 70's style stuffed Christmas tree pattern I decided to try and make one. This was at 11 PM last night. It was so quick and easy. I finished and was in bed before one AM. Of course I did not quite follow the directions.


I wanted a more rustic look so I decided to leave the seams exposed.
 
 
 
I made a cute little garland by gluing tiny jingle bells to some jute, and strung it around the tree. I think it needs a star on top.
 
 
I love how it looks with my other burlap trees found here.
 
Thanks for visiting. It has been a blast from the past.
Happy Sunday.
God Bless
Love Ya
Joanie

1 comment:

Catherine Elizabeth Creations said...

Yes I remember those trees from the 70's. My mom had one when I was little! I love how you did your new version of it! Very cute! :)