Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Christmas Decorating

I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas Season, I know I am. It has been nice to be able to finish up some personal projects that have been sitting around waiting for my attention. I did not get every project finished but there is always next year.
The last area in our house to be decorated for Christmas was the wall over the piano. Several months ago, I had taken down all of the artwork in the room because I had plans on redecorating the space. The room is used as a music room by our son and a game room for him and his friends. During Christmas, we use the room for our Christmas tree because of the bay window that faces the front of the house. I was going to add a chair rail and either bead board or bead board wallpaper. I hope that I will get to it this coming year.

I started with an old window I had found at a garage sale. I painted it a grey color that I happen to find at Home Depot’s booboo table. It cost .50 for a little sample size. I tried to center it over the piano









   I hung the music sheet wreath I had made over the window attaching it to the original window lock. In the center of the wreath I used a music heet image and a crown image fron The Graphics Fairy.


I found the frames at Kirkland’s on sale for $3  and some change after using my birthday coupon. I  made prints from several images found on The  Graphics Fairy blog. I layered music sheet graphics with vintage postcard graphics by either removing the background from the postcard image or setting the transparency. This allowed the music sheet to be visible.


I decorated the piano with garland I found at Joann’s fabric store and music notes ribbon from Dillard’s Reba Collection. I placed a basket on top that holds the many Christmas Cards and letters we receive from friends and family around the world.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Joanie

 

No comments: