Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Morning Breakfast

I love to make a nice breakfast for my family on Christmas. Whether it is just the three of us or any of the other eight kids and their families I love to make a special breakfast.
At our grocery store right now, I am able to find fresh raspberries. I love using fresh berries in our breakfast they make dishes like pancakes, French toast, crepes, or even my German pancake look like it came from a magazine.
One of my favorite breakfast recipes is German Pancake. This is such a fun and magical recipe that will amaze children and adults alike.
This looks so yummy!



 German Pancake

1 cup milk (I use 1%)
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2  tsp of salt
1tsp vanilla
2 TBLS butter melted
Powdered sugar for dusting
Fresh or frozen berries (optional)
Bake 20 min or until golden brown
Serves about 8

Heat oven to 400 degrees


To make the batter: Mix flour and milk. Wisk eggs in a seperate bowl and add them to the flour and milk  mix. Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Don't forget the salt of this will not turn out! Wisk a little more.



Melt @ Table spoons of butter in a 10 insch skillet. I like to use my cast iron one.




Once melted pour batter into skillet. the butter will rise over the batter.



Place skillet in oven and set timer to 20 min. I check on the pancake several times to make sure it is not over cooking.


The pancake will begin to rise.


Once it is golden brown and the edges are darker it should be done.







 See isn’t that cool. It looks like a big turban.
Don't look at my gross racks. I accdently left them soaking overnight and they started to rust.
Take it out of the oven .

 As it cools it will deflate.


The butter is hanging out in all of te nooks and crannies.





Sprinkle with powdered sugar top with berries and enjoy.




Bon Appétit!
Love,

Joanie

No comments: