Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm Back And It Is Almost Fall


Yes, I am back! Well for today at least. I have been gone from blog land for so long I could not even figure out how to create a post. I am sure it is like riding a bike, you just jump on, start peddling, and you take off and hopefully you do not land in Mrs. Plough’s rose bushes.

I wish I knew the secret of those bloggers who post several times a month faithfully. I am so blessed to be able to say that my business Lola & Bea keeps me so busy 7 days a week. Every time I try to get ahead my husband or my son‘s health issues take me away from my job and I get further and further behind.  I am so thankful that I work from home and can set my own hours, but it does have a downside as I found myself working until 2 or 3 in the morning to meet some deadlines. Then my Mom had a stroke and I took a break to visit her in California.  My Mom is amazing and has almost made a full recovered
A lot has been going on with my business this year, both positive and negative. I am going to be making some changes in the near future that will allow me to reach a larger customer base. So let’s get on with this post and have some fun.
I just love crinkly ribbon like the one in the photo above. Most of the time I would just make my own out of muslin fabric by ripping it into little strips, tea staining it and then tying it up in little bundles before drying it in the sun.   


 But then I found this 


Yep,  100 yards of eggshell seam binding. I found it on Amazon and it  is cheap. You can also find it at Zipperstop.com. It comes in a gazillion colors too.


Here it is in my oven. I just cut off a few yards soaked it in some water, squeezed it out. Then soaked it in some of my fresh brewed ice tea, and squeezed it out again. I put it in an old pie tin from our last pie we bought at our new Fresh Market. Then placed the squeezed out, tea stained, scrumptious yards of seam binding into a 250-degree oven and let it dry. You can also set it in the sun to dry but it was a cloudy day today so I used the oven. If you try this oven method please set, a timer so you don't forget and then burn the house down all for some shabby chic, tea stained, ruffley sweetness.



It's so pretty. Fresh out of the oven just like a warm loaf of bread, but without all the calories.  You could tie it on your peat pot. Or...


on your sheet music wreath.


I hope to be back soon with some Fall decorating ideas. As always check out the Graphics Fairy for some fun fall graphics.

Have you been decorating for Fall?

I would love to hear from you.

God Bless,
Joanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty.Can't wait to see your fall decorations.

Lola and Bea said...

Thank You. There are so many pretty fall decorating ideas out there in blogland I hope I don't disappoint.