Thursday, February 21, 2013

Burlap Cross Body Tote Bag

I LOVE Burlap. I just can't seem to get enough of the stuff.
 
 Table Runners
 Cute candle holders.
 Pillows
 
 I am always finding something to make with burlap.
 
So when I found these at the scrapbook store one day I knew they would make a really fun project.
 
 
These tote bag skins are so cute and easy to embellish. The large ones cost around $7 and the small ones are $3 or $4 dollars. The brand on these is Canvas Corp. Several stores carry their products and I have seen them on Amazon also.

 
I lined my with a piece of fabric from my scrape pile.
I used some new lace and glued it on around the bottom of the bag. I made a cute fabric flower pin from some vintage lace, a burlap flower from Canvas Corp, handmade flower, and a little rhinestone.
 
 
 
I love this little mini. It is so lightweight and is perfect for a cell phone and keys.
 
 
 
I lined this one also.
To dress her up I added a little doily, fabric flower,some bling,  and some seam binding, by gluing them on with fabric glue.
 
 

I really love how this project turned out. I made the both for less than $20.
Now I am ready for some sunshine, shorts, and flip flops.
 
Although I used Canvas Corp products in this post, they did not pay me for this post, nor did they supply me with any products. Just Saying=) 
 
Blessings for a beautiful weekend.
 
Joanie 

2 comments:

GennieG said...

Hi! I am new to your blog. Love what you make! Do you sell those larger burlap bags? It's gorgeous!

Pamela said...

I love burlap as well and your little tote is just too cute! Thanx for joining THT.