Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas at Our Home

 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Our Christmas was the best ever. My son and daughter in-law brought their three children to spend Christmas at our home. It has been a long time since we had little ones in our home and I loved every minute of it.
I only had a few days to decorate and was not able to do a post before Christmas, so here are a few pictures of how the house looked this year.
 
 
 
 
I decorated my son's desk with some very old feather trees and the cutest penguins that had been hiding in the attic for a long time.
 

 
 
 
 
 

Lots of homemade decorations including this box made from bead board and door trim molding.

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Vintage snowmen, a hand-me-down from my Aunt Wanda.



My daughter inlaw could not believe how much burlap was used in decorating my house.
 
 
 
 
I made these oversized stocking for the kids. They held a ton of goodies from Santa. I just love the fur cuff and glittered initial.
 
 
 
My kids always loved playing with the manger, so I made sure to keep them at kid level so my son's kids could enjoy playing with them.



We thought we would have a withe Christmas but it passed us by. It was still cold enough to enjoy a  cup of hot cocoa to warm us up.
I love seeing the house decorated for the holidays. We always keep the decorations up until the Ephiany on Jan 6th. So for now I will enjoy our Christmas home.
 
 
 
 
Have a Blessed New Year!
 
Love
 
\Joanie

No comments: